Be a master chef at your own home. Check out these curated recipes from our Club Med G.Os and try making these delectable dishes for the whole family. Green curry, Hainanese Chicken Rice, Smiling Sablés – there’s always something for everyone to try in this home cooking challenge. Share your moment and don’t forget to share your dish with us on our FB Page with #ClubMedatHome
• 150g Carrots
• 1 Egg
• 2 Tsp Cooking Sake
• 2 Tsp Soy Sauce
• 2 Tsp Mirin
• 2 Tsp Sugar
• 1 Tsp Sesame Oil
• 1 Tsp White Sesame
Serving size: 2 people
- Peel the carrots.
- Slice carrots into match sticks.
- Add sesame oil to frying pan heated over medium heat add carrots until carrots are softened.
- Whisk egg in a bowl, then add the egg mix to the pan and fry until cooked.
- Serve on the plate and sprinkle white sesame seeds to complete.
• 1 whole chicken
• 1 scallion, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 4 slices peeled ginger
• 6TBS olive oil
• 6 to 8 cloves garlic
• 4 cups long-grain rice
• 1TSP fine salt
• 3TBS lemon juice
• 2TBS chopped fresh red chilies
• 5 cloves garlic, chopped
Cooking time: 2 hours
Serving size: 4 people
- Make the Chicken and Rice: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, Stuff the cavity of the chicken with the scallion and ginger. Add the chicken to the boiling water, breast side-down.
Lower the heat and cook, covered, until just cooked through, about 40 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to an ice water bath for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Drain. De-bone the chicken and cut into bite-sized pieces. Reserve the chicken stock, and
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. add the garlic and stir-fry until fragrant. add the rice and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes, add enough hot reserved chicken soup to reach 1/2- inch above the top of the rice. Bring to the boil, add the salt, and lower the heat to low, cover, and steam until cooked, about 30 minutes.
- Whisk 1/4 cup of the hot chicken stock into the chili sauce.
- Arrange the rice and poached chicken on a platter and drizzle with the chili sauce.
• 10g Slice onion
• 150g Thai cucumber
• 100g Green curry paste
• 150g Thai eggplant
• 125g Coconut milk
• 20g Lemongrass stalks
• 500g Diced Chicken
• 6g Fish sauce
• 10g Thai basil
• 1 chili
• 125g water
• 20g Chicken stock
• 3pcs Kaffir lime
Cooking time: 30 mins
Serving size: 4 people
- Boil the water in a saucepan.
- Add green curry paste and shallots. Fry for a minute to release the aromas.
- Add the diced chicken, sliced eggplant, chopped Thai cucumber and combine.
- Add coconut milk and bring to the boil, cook for 3 minutes.
- Seasoning with chicken stock, fish sauce, add chili big, Thai basil.
- Serve with steamed rice.
• 280g Glutinous (sweet) rice
• 320g Unsweetened coconut milk
• 60g Sugar
• Pinch of Salt
• 15g Sesame seeds , toasted lightly
• 150g Mango
Serving size: 6 people
- In a bowl wash rice well in several changes of cold water until water is clear. Soak rice in cold
water to cover overnight.
- Drain rice well in a sieve. Set sieve over a large deep saucepan of simmering water (sieve
should not touch water) and steam rice, covered with a kitchen towel and a lid, 30 to 40 minutes,
or until tender (check water level in pan occasionally, adding more water if necessary).
- While rice is cooking, in a small saucepan bring 1 cup coconut milk to a boil with 1/3 cup
sugar and salt, stirring until sugar is dissolved, and remove from heat. Keep mixture warm.
- Transfer cooked rice to a bowl and stir in coconut-milk mixture. Let rice stand, covered, 30
minutes, or until coconut-milk mixture is absorbed. Rice may be prepared up to this point 2
hours ahead and kept covered at room temperature.
- While rice is standing, in cleaned small pan slowly boil remaining 1/3 cup coconut milk with
remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Transfer sauce to a small bowl
and chill until cool and thickened slightly.
- To serve, mold 1/4 cup servings of sticky rice on dessert plates. Drizzle desserts with sauce
and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Divide mango slices among plates.
• 300g Green papaya
• 100g Long beans
• 100g Cherry tomato
• 25g Dry shrimps
• 8g Fish sauce
• 6g Lime juice
• 2g Palm sugar
• 1 chili (crushed)
• 10g Peanut
• 5g Garlic, peeled
• 150g Carrot, peeled
Serving size: 4 people
- Peel papaya & carrots and cut into julienne (match sticks).
- Cut the long beans in 2 inch sections.
- Add chili, garlic and long beans. Crush until you release the aromas.
- Add palm sugar, lemon juice and fish sauce, mix well untill the sugar dissolves.
- Add papaya & carrots, tomato, dry shrimp and peanuts.
- Season with fish sauce
- Garnish with coriander
• 1/2 cup butter, sof